[squeak-dev] IMPORTANT: Election candidates!

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:14:35 UTC 2010

Ian,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Ian Trudel <ian.trudel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have an actual timeline approximation in regard to the
> implementation of these ideas? I'd like to know what are your
> priorities in term of documentation since it's a one-year mandate; not
> everything will see the light of the day during that period of time.

the mandate is not necessarily connected with getting a full set of
documentation out the door. Creating, establishing, and fostering the
infrastructure required to enabling the community to provide these
elements is what I have in mind foremost. Obviously, I would try to
contribute my share, but I think the board member's role (that is, as
long they have that hat on) is more on the infrastructural side of
things.

> It would be also interesting to know which media you will focus on
> (e.g. wiki, inside squeak, etc)? Have you tried HelpSystem?

I haven't (not *really*), but that is a good step in a sensible
direction. As for other media, anything is imaginable, but I believe a
Wiki (one that is kept up-to-date) would work very well, but also
don't forget the screencasts and book.

Best,

Michael