[squeak-dev] IMPORTANT: Election candidates!

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:46:05 UTC 2010

Hi Göran,

2010/3/1 Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se>:
> Regarding keeping docs up to date - I personally do NOT believe in external
> documentation, we have tried that several times and failed.

are you saying in-image documentation works? ;-)

> Instead I believe something like the Magic Book could work:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3004

Very good. I like the idea of exploiting tests for that purpose very
very much. But it requires there to *be* tests, and the documentation
needs to be *maintained*. This is where the problem is; I don't think
it's about external ./. internal.

How often do you write code and not document it?
Worse: how often do you change code (interface) and not document it?
(This is not for you in person, Göran - anyone should ask themselves
this question. My own answer is depressing as well as probably most
others'.)

Best,

Michael