[squeak-dev] Physical Etoys released!
richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:59:51 UTC 2010
I would like to announce the first publicly available version of Physical
Physical Etoys is an "extension" to Etoys. We believe Etoys is a wonderful
software that helps children explore their own creativity in fun and
educational ways, so we wanted to give Etoys the possibility to interact
with real world objects such as robotic kits and innovative joysticks.
The current list of supported hardware:
1. Arduino, an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple
2. Nintendo Wiimote, the primary controller for Nintendo’s Wii console.
3. Parallel port, a type of interface for connecting various peripherals to
4. RoboSapien v2, a toy-like biomorphic robot.
5. Roboquad, a 4-legged robot that somewhat resembles a spider and a dog.
6. I-Sobot, the world’s smallest humanoid robot in production.
7. Lego Mindstorms Nxt, a programmable robotics kit released by Lego.
Unfortunately, this version of Physical Etoys only works in Windows. We are
currently working on supporting Linux (especially the Sugar platform) so
stay tuned for future releases!
Check our website (http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/projects/physical-etoys/)
for more information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev