[squeak-dev] [ANN] FunSqueak was updated

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Mar 2 07:42:26 UTC 2010

On 3/1/10 9:20 PM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> How did you fix the dictionary keys problem? What was the cause?
>

> Levente

The cause comes from importing old projects into the image.
It's not a dictionary problem.

Old projects always have some undefined for a lot of reasons and we never
see any troubles when we migrated from old to new images until now.
Once more time Jerome shows his bug hunting skills.

The advice I have for all is:

Explore first the change set of the project, be sure you don't have
references to external to project classes .

Export the .cs from old image, fileIn into the new image, run your test as
quality control.

Export any .morph from old and import on the new, this works and do not have
any collateral damage (until now)

Image segments do not work , this is the reason the .pr load fails and
SqueakMap can't be used now until Goran re do the .sqz object from inside a
trunk .image IMHO

All this could be work around with my old ProcustesEnd idea, that is the
Monticello way to have all (code, .gif, .jpg, .png, .wav, .morph, etc).

But if the CodeLoader issue rises fingers pointing to me, this could be
named heresy and I fear stake :=)

Edgar