[squeak-dev] AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 21:24:36 UTC 2010

I've just posted Morphic-cmm.372, which introduces
AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany.  (Be sure to also get
Tools-cmm.200).  Those concerned with Squeak being familiar to
new-users may appreciate this; it is basically the same as the
standard PluggableListMorphOfMany, but allowing range-selections via
Shift+clicking.  Also, swipe-selecting does not miss interim
selections (e.g., in the middle of the swipe).

Now, I have not changed any existing users of PluggableListMorphOfMany
to use AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany, but there is a demonstration
of it by enabling on the preference, "traceMessages" in the
Preferences.  This will utilize a MessageTrace instead of a MessageSet
when browsing senders/implementors.

If we like it, we can convert some or all of the legacy
PluggableListMorphOfMany's to the new one and then rename it.  Or if
there is a need for both then both or, if we don't like it, of course,
it can easily be deleted..

 - Chris