[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cmm.275.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 21:53:05 UTC 2010

Hi, yes, I did!  And, in fact, I have already used the new preference
Pragma's in restoring the Auto Indent preference.

Now, the rationale I had heard from Andreas was that *localized*
preferences, such as Auto Indent or things related to TextEditor, or
such as the one example you mentioned
(TextDiffBuilder>>ignoreLineEndings), could be made as Class-vars
there.

But, in this case, the #traceMessages is a truly global setting.  I
would be happy to make it a pragma, but I just didn't see a good
candidate class for this global preference other than "Preferences"
class itself which, you as you said, we are trying to avoid bloat.

I guess the bloating of Preferences class is independent of whether we
use a Pragma or not.  If you have suggestions for both issues, I'd be
happy to follow them..

Thanks,
  Chris

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Nicolas Cellier