[squeak-dev] [Squeak 4.0] URGENT: Relicense Contributors

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Mar 4 15:50:33 UTC 2010

Ronald Spengler wrote on Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:36:51 -0800

> If you've contributed significantly to the relicense effort, or know
> someone who has, who is not on the following list, I need to know
> about it ASAP.

Alan Kay was able to talk Steve Jobs into relicensing (twice!) the
original Squeak. Kim Rose (and possibly other people at VPRI) handled
the signed forms and the emailing. Matthew Fulmer did a lot of research,
tool porting and link aggregation as part of his 4.0 effort.

The Etoys and Pharo relicensing projects, while not directly integrated
into our own, were a valuable sources of information.

> Relicense Contributers:
>
> Dan Ingalls
> Craig Latta
> Bert Freudenberg