[squeak-dev] Re: Object>>#is:? (was: Re: PackageDependencyTest)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Mar 4 20:37:11 UTC 2010

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Then Juan added it into Cius, cleaning a lot of isXXX method.
> I think, we can ask Juan, how he feels about it, because he's the only
> one who employed this idea so far.

I love it. It helps remove a lot of methods in base classes like Object
and Morph that don't really belong there.

Please note that in Cuis, #is: does not call #isKindOf:. All
implementors are explicit. This also means that you can see the
protocols an object conforms by reading the inheritance of the #is: method.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich