[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:40:07 UTC 2010

Germán,

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com> wrote:
> About your comment on the interest of communities is true, but my question
> point to the fact that may be Squeak community/Board should or
> shouldn't consider
> some packages as important (strategic?).
>
> For example, web development is important to most of Squeak community? Or not?

tough one. :-)

*I* think web development *is* important, so Seaside/Pier (involving
Magritte) should be considered important in this regard. *I* also
think Etoys is important.

What the community thinks? I do not know, honestly. Asking the
community would help. Polls again. In any case, if there is sufficient
interest (not that of a majority, that is) in some package, it should
be considered important.

Best,

Michael