[squeak-dev] Re: Having fun with booleans

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:27:55 UTC 2010

"there is a
book of a very similar title, entitled _The Scheme Programming Language._"

Yes. Dybvig's book. I have the third edition, though I understand a
fourth has appeared. It seems a lot easier to me to learn about Scheme
from that book than HTDP, which I think has some kind of pedagogical
framework that at odds with my own hacker "break it to learn it"
mentality.

The only reason I care about Scheme at all is to learn about
continuations and then see what applies in Seaside. I want a strong
multimedia future for Squeak. I love pumping code from Beginning
OpenGL Game Programming into Croquet, but I spend most of my time
looking at Seaside code. How ResponseContinuation was replaced by
WARenderContinuation and WARedirectContinuation (and has changed again
in Seaside 3.0), which I supposed might be an example of Continuation
Passing Style, explained by Dybvig, because they aren't continuations
at all ...

Yes. Web development is important to this Squeaker.

Chris