[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:46:03 UTC 2010

El vie, 05-03-2010 a las 20:26 +0100, Michael Haupt escribió:
> Miguel,
>
> Am 05.03.2010 um 20:01 schrieb Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.co
> m>:
> > Ok, so if you give a truck and tell me, hey but look, you can
> > disassemble it anytime you want and if you remove the parts you don't
> > like you could get with a marvelous 2 seat coupé that is perfect for
> > *your* problem (the one I am trying to solve using Squeak/Pharo) isn't
> > really helping me.
>
> you're fun. :-)
>
> I believe the image you're using doesn't make sense. The truck would
> be, whatever, VisualWorks.
>
> To stay in the domain, I suggest to adapt the metaphor as follows.
> Squeak is a car with many bells and whistles installed, and Pharo, the
> plain chassis, even without the bodywork. How does your comparison
> work now? ;-)

Ok, lets see.

I now that I need a utility car and I am told and have verified that
Squeak "car" with a lots of bells and whistles (that includes fog
lights, super duper changing colors, am/fm radio, video games included,
CD player for if you sometime need to entertain your passengers, etc)
but I am in the orange transportation business. I need a car that is
fast, doesn't distract the operator, doesn't have fog lights (I live in
the most warm sea level city) and have a lot of clients, so I need to
stack a lot of cars (that means that I need to buy only the bare
necessary and not am/fm radio and cd players) and use that bare car to
load the biggest number of oranges to give a service.

Sure when I have a lot of free time to use the cd player and am/fm radio
I will use the fancy car, but for my business, the one that put the food
in my family table, I need a car for work and not for play.

That is better? :)

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá