[squeak-dev] Re: [Esug-list] Google Summer Of Code 2010 news!!!

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:07:04 UTC 2010

> 4) Build a continuous integration server using Seaside, Iliad or AidaWeb.
>  Build an interface to version control systems (possibly supporting both
> independent systems such as Monticello or file-based such as svn/CVS/git)
> that can be used from Smalltalk and integrate it with Smalllint code
> reports.  For a more ambitious project, the server should be able to start a
> new image, upgrade the package, run SUnit tests there and communicate back
> the results---the time to upgrade the package should be minimized of course!

Are you aware of this two projects ? I don't know other dialects but in
Pharo they work:

- http://n4.nabble.com/Interim-build-server-td1296834.html#a1296834
-
http://n4.nabble.com/ANN-Hudson-continuous-integration-server-support-td1296910.html#a1296910

> 5) Work on a cross-dialect foreign function call interface and implement it
> in at least two dialects.  Candidates include Alien and GNU Smalltalk's
> CObject (using existing implementation has the advantage of having to
> implement in only _one_ other dialect!).  Bonus points for implementing a C
> parser that would be able to construct bindings.  GNU Smalltalk already
> contains a C preprocessor implementation.

Yes!!! And make it (optionally at least) not to block the complete VM while
a function is being called.

Cheers

Mariano