[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-dtl.283.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Mar 6 19:04:11 UTC 2010

David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-dtl.283.mcz

Name: System-dtl.283
Author: dtl
Time: 6 March 2010, 2:02:37.219 pm
UUID: 67942942-b5ae-4e27-abe0-d597f1dd04c6
Ancestors: System-ar.282

New class comment for SmalltalkImage:

I represent the current image and runtime environment, including system organization, the virtual machine, object memory, plugins and source files. My instance variable #globals is a reference to the system dictionary of global variables and class names.

My singleton instance is called Smalltalk.

=============== Diff against System-ar.282 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #SmalltalkImage
  	instanceVariableNames: 'globals'
  	classVariableNames: 'EndianCache LastImageName LastQuitLogPosition LastStats LowSpaceProcess LowSpaceSemaphore MemoryHogs ShutDownList SourceFileVersionString SpecialSelectors StartUpList StartupStamp WordSize'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'System-Support'!

+ !SmalltalkImage commentStamp: 'dtl 3/6/2010 14:00' prior: 0!
+ I represent the current image and runtime environment, including system organization, the virtual machine, object memory, plugins and source files. My instance variable #globals is a reference to the system dictionary of global variables and class names.
- !SmalltalkImage commentStamp: 'sd 7/2/2003 21:50' prior: 0!
- I represent the SmalltalkImage and partly the VM. Using my current instance you can
- 	- get the value of some VM parameters, system arguments, vm profiling,
- 	endianess status, external objects,....

+ My singleton instance is called Smalltalk.!
- 	- save the image, manage sources
-
- As you will notice browsing my code I'm a fat class having still too much responsibility.
- But this is life. sd-2 July 2003
-
- PS: if someone wants to split me go ahead.!