[squeak-dev] Updated trunk image (Squeak3.11-9622-alpha.zip)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 21:50:47 UTC 2010

On 3/6/10 7:56 PM, "Nicolas Cellier" <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Edgar,
> Maybe you could inject the knowledge you acquired in trunk contributions ?
> If you're unsure, use the inbox.
> After all, SL is just another fork, you cannot blame us to not try
> every fork, there are already so many...
>
> Nicolas

I don't blame people.
If my message is DNU , is only my fault.

And repeat, I very happy the thing begins to focus to modular and smaller.

What I said is have something needing polish, not I have the last working
solution.

The evolution from 3.6 times as I saw is.

SqueakLight
Pavel first works.
3.10 as the first image without several packages
Pavel working behind us and doing his magic for his kernel and several more
images.
Remember the Blue pill affair ?
Was because we try to get synchronization with Pavel works.
ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11 with the seeds Andreas took and polish.
Ralph go, I was kicked in the ass.
Some come and do nothing for two years.
SqueakLightII have his page in swiki and his experiments long time in ftp
Andreas comes and the trunk began
I retake MinimalMorphic and reach 7.3 mb , also have many derivated and
working images with this base, some crude but working

Now Andreas said he have a 10 mb under image for the first time???.
But is SqueakLightII well done , as several times I said.

Achiles still don't reach the slow Rosarina turtle ...but is closer each
time and I was very happy.

Now I was nominated ReleaseTeam manager for any we do next and say yes.

4.1 have my expertise and this time do not is a fork.
And I hope all help good Squeakers could give to me.

And for this reason I want badly have a Board seat.

You want modular ? If the answer is yes vote me.
If I go wild , we have 6 more super fine Squeakers ready to stop any
nonsense ...

Edgar