[squeak-dev] [Election] Candidate Questions - was Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 23:38:22 UTC 2010

Thanks to all those running for the election.

I would like to know what each candidate thinks about creating 'Terms of Reference' or 'Terms of Engagement' or 'Constitution' or 'Clear Governance Articles' or 'Rules and Regulations' for the Squeak Oversight Board, named something agreeable, along with a great mission statement.

From <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-profit_organization>, I see some things to think about listed in the Legal aspects section.
ie
... there are, nevertheless, some structural elements of prime legal importance:
	-	Economic activity
	-	Supervision and management provisions
	-	Representation
	-	Accountability and Auditing provisions
	-	Provisions for the amendment of the statutes or articles of incorporation
	-	Provisions for the dissolution of the entity
	-	Tax status of corporate and private donors
	-	Tax status of the foundation

Maybe these do not apply exactly, but I would like to know what the candidates see as the most sensible path forward in this regard.

Thx,
Ken G. Brown