[squeak-dev] replacing SmalltalkImage current

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:15:31 UTC 2010

I join an update of the small utility to find message sent to globals.

This utility can be used like this:

1) create a file out of all senders of (SmalltalkImage current xxx).
MessageSentToGlobalMessage fileoutMessagesSentTo: #SmalltalkImage
selector: #current.

2) replace (SmalltalkIlage current) by Smalltalk in a text editor
(FileList is perfect).

3) fileIn from FileList et voila

You get unchanged formatting and unchanged Timestamping.

Nothing urgent though.
a) it maked changes not compatible with Pharo (maybe temporarily
because Pharo is interested in this refactoring)
b) we can also add an indirection via Smalltalk commandLine, Smalltalk
os, Smalltalk vm...
As we already have Smalltalk globals... why not ?

Nicolas