[squeak-dev] Re: Newspeak GSoC?

Ciprian Teodorov ciprian.teodorov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:46:08 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I think that Newspeak at GSoC under ESUG umbrella is a very good idea. It
will help Newspeak evolve but also I think that will help the smalltalk
community open its eyes and understand that evolution is the key to success.
In my point of view Newspeak is a great step forward for the smalltalk
community. Newspeak is a bold project that fixes (or at least tries to fix)
lots of the problems the software community has for the moment, but also
gives to smalltalk some of the thinks it never had.

Moreover as a smalltalk software developer I cannot help myself not noticing
that the smalltalk community seems to be fixed on, what I call, the
"BlueBook complex -- if it's not it the BlueBook it doesn't exist". Yes I
agree the bluebook was a great step forward but, guys, we should accept
change especially when it comes in terms of evolution.

So as a community lets help Newspeak mature, lets show the world that
smalltalk is not dead, lets be the parents Newspeak needs in this moment.

Cheers

--
Ciprian TEODOROV
Ph.D Student