Uploading mczs to the Trunk (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Working with Trunk and Package loading)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:42:27 UTC 2010

On 3/7/10 7:42 PM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> IMHO:
> It's easier to do that by running all the tests before uploading your new
> package version. (If ReleaseTest >> #testUndeclared is failing, then
> there are some undeclared variables/classes hanging around.) This should
> be done by everyone who uploads to the Trunk or the Inbox.
> If your package may affect package loading, you should also load your mcz
> to a clean image an run the tests after that to be sure that everything
> works as it should.
> If your changes may affect system startup/shutdown, you should also save
> the clean image with the package loaded, then restart it and run the tests
> again.
>
> On my pc running the tests takes a bit more than 2 minutes and it's
> still less than 4 minutes if I include the long testcases too.
>
> In the last few weeks a few new failures/errors occured, which could
> possibly be avoided by running the tests. These are:
> FontTest>>#testParagraphFallback
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testCompiler
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testExceptions
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testMorphic
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testTools
> SqNumberParserTest>>#testFloatGradualUnderflow
> SqNumberParserTest>>#testFloatPrintString
> TileMorphTest>>#testArrowAction
>

> Levente

Ok, very good tip.
This remains me a old idea of having a CustomOfficer class dealing with any
trying to load into the image.
Like a real CustomOfficer search for any you don't wish affect your country.
And was some like the odd case of dictionary keys and trying to save
projects, which test and Undeclared don't show but bites you anyway.

Edgar