[squeak-dev] Re: VMMaker loading uncovers a bug in MC

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 8 14:25:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 04:03:00PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Guys, can anyone explain me, what i should load to get a working set
> of VMMaker/plugins packages in trunk image?
>
> I'm not interested right now in digging these bugs, since i focused on
> making changes to VMMaker (i promised that),
> and bring that to community to disscuss the pros and cons.

If you load just the latest VMMaker itself from SqueakSource, you will
have enough for a workable VM(*). The MCM update ('VMMaker updateFromServer')
brings in a few more commonly used plugins from other sources (but not
all of the plugins distributed on all platforms).

Dave

(*) The SoundPlugin is temporarily out of sync with the platforms sources.
Let me know if that causes any problems.