[squeak-dev] Re: [Squeak 4.0] Mac metadata, zip, and the shell?

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:57:03 UTC 2010

Thanks Dave; I am using the zip command actually. I'm mostly curious
to find out if any of the metadata in __MACOSX is actually necessary;
it looks like the application directory has everything it actually
needs right in there. Main reason is, I want to be able to script with
the zip command, but it doesn't create the hidden directory.

What would be really helpful is if someone could install the mac vm
from the 4.0 alpha rc 1 directory on the FTP server onto a mac which
has not had squeak installed on it before. Then we'd know for sure
that the __MACOSX directory isn't necessary.

--
Ron