[squeak-dev] More Candidate Questions

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Mar 10 00:51:36 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Jecel" == Jecel Assumpcao <jecel at merlintec.com> writes:

Jecel> I would like Squeak 4.1 (or 4.2, as the case may be) to be a small
Jecel> kernel into which you can load stuff like Etoys and/or Croquet, web
Jecel> development and email client and so on.

I see 4.1 as a snapshot of the progress made in the past nine months
since Andreas opened up trunk.

And once 4.1 is in everyone's hands, we can start to make the core even
smaller.  4.2 may be as you say... a small core with a bootstrapping
installer (Metacello?) that can load any combination of public and
private things to spin out whatever image you want.