[squeak-dev] I wish retake old good practice

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 11:34:23 UTC 2010

> Please do *not* take release discussion off this list. It was not
> "good practice". Instead, it was one of the reasons that the larger
> community had no idea what was going on. Everyone here should be
> interested in the next release so it makes no sense to take it off
> squeak-dev.
>
> - Bert -

It is good practice, and it was the decision that was made after the
3.9 arguments that caused the 3.9 team so much pain. Those who do not
learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

What is not good practice is to arbitrarily ignore the good practice
that was in place before.

If the discussions about 3.11 had happened on the release list then
the whole debacle would not have happened in the first place. We would
have had a chance to explain to Andreas why his back of a fag packet
idea he knocked up over the weekend wasn't any good.

Keith