[squeak-dev] Handle WindowEvents

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Wed Mar 10 13:07:00 UTC 2010

Guys,

I want to push an update to the inbox that contains mostly the
changeset from [1] to also partly address [2].
I just commented out the message send handleDragOutside: from
handleEvent: and left the changeset intact otherwise.

After that you get a proper "Save changes before quitting?" dialog
when you try to close the window Squeak is running in. That is with
recent linux VMs in an X11 environment.

With older linux VMs the behavior should not change, so the window
just closes and Squeak terminates. In this case the changes in the
update should have no side effects.

I *think* on Windows you will still see the DialogBox from the VM when
you try to close the Squeak window. I faintly remember that it is
possible to have an entry in the Squeak .ini file which toggles if
WindowEvents will be generated by the VM or not. If you turn
WindowEvents on, you should also see the in image Dialog when you try
to close the Squeak window.

I *assume* the Mac VM also generates WindowEvents, so that the
behavior should be same as under linux.

Please let me know if you see any problems with that update.

Alex

[1] http://n4.nabble.com/squeak-dev-The-version-3-10-does-not-work-on-Linux-tp73723p73745.html
[2] http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7436