[squeak-dev] Object >> future

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:13:46 UTC 2010

2010/3/10 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
> On 10.03.2010, at 14:28, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>

>> Unfortunately, this change is unlikely to be portable because it
>> overrides internal Parser/Compiler methods.
>
> Not true. The Parser/Compiler changes are purely optimization. Simply look at the actual implementation of #future - it does work, just not very efficiently.
>
> - Bert -

OK optimization apart, it's just a class and two messages.
Anyway, my point is that some kernel changes are to be done N-times,
whatever the tool used.
For example, when I changed TextStopConditions, I could not port
directly to pharo, neither a changeSet, nor a MC package, because the
two already had differences (scanSelectorAt: and others...).
So, I just port the idea, not code, and I redo.
I guess it would be the same for Cuis, because Cuis does not have multilingual.
At a certain point of divergence, that is necessary...

Nicolas