[squeak-dev] Object >> future

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Wed Mar 10 18:01:40 UTC 2010

I don't have time to spend on this, so I'll use the trick I learned from you and only respond to the points that I feel like.  In this case, I chose the points that I can answer briefly.  That's not to say that I don't have answers for the others, just that I'm gaining self-control, and experience tells me that it's not worth it to jump back into this quagmire with both feet.

On Mar 10, 2010, at 3:14 AM, keith wrote:

> Can you answer if you will, how you have packaged up this "future" innovation so that it would be useful to me?

If you mean useful to you to use in Cuis, then I have not.

Why do you feel that you are entitled to have me make this available in whichever image you've decided to use?  I have not heard users of Cuis, Pharo, or Cobalt ask for this functionality.  Why should I spend my limited spare time creating and maintaining loadable packages for these?

> If your answer is that you committed it to trunk, and I am expected to harvest it from trunk, I think you can forget it.

It becomes more clear with each of your posts.  Your process requires me to do extra work to make functionality available in every Squeak dialect under the sun; you feel that you are entitled to my labor.  And what if you start using VisualWorks?  Am I then obliged to make it available there, too?

Cheers,
Josh