[squeak-dev] Object >> future

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Mar 11 01:27:30 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-10, at 1:56 AM, Josh Gargus wrote:

> As Keith seems to, Colin also felt ambivalent about changing the language with a Compiler modification.  In fact, the compiler change is merely an optimization (just like #ifTrue:).
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general/140125

I came around though. One of the things that convinced me it's a good idea is that there's an overall trend of Squeak moving gradually away from the classical Process/Semaphore model of concurrency and towards the EventLoop/Promise model. If this is another step down that path, I'm all for it.

Colin