[squeak-dev] Selectors with underscores

Sam Adams ssadams at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 11 15:02:39 UTC 2010

Please no!
That fundamentally changes the readability of Squeak code and makes all
future code written that way incompatible with other Smalltalks.
And besides, some of us grey beards *like* our assignment arrows!  ;-)
If you really want that then create your own language variant or maintain
your own fork of Squeak.  Its not that hard after all, I'm doing both at
present myself!
Regards,
Sam

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
Mobile: 919-696-6064, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
Asst: Kenndra K. Quiles. (732) 926-2292 Fax: (732) 926-2455, email:
Kenndra at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>

squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org wrote on 03/11/2010 09:47:55
AM: