[squeak-dev] Re: Selectors with underscores

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:19:30 UTC 2010

I much prefer arrows to ':=' and will continue to use them
in my private code as long as I can.
However, I accept that Squeak is converting to the use of
':='.  But this conversion only make sense if the intent
is to eventually disallow the use of  '_' (arrow) for
assignment so that it can be used in variable names
and method names.  Thus there must eventually be a
version of Squeak for which an '_' is just an  '_' and
when it arrives I will necessarily use ':=' (I already use
':=' for any code I release).
If you don't agree with me then you should create a fork;
and I will not use your fork.

If one of the characters in range 128-256 were to become
mapped to an  arrow form of assignment though I would
use that.

Regards,

Ralph Boland

--
Had a wife and kids in Florida, Jack (Nicklaus)
Went out for a "ride" but I couldn't get back