[squeak-dev] Release process (Re: Release list: delete or not?)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:53:18 UTC 2010

On 3/11/10 6:09 PM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Can you perhaps say a few words of what you're envisioning the release
> process to be? Perhaps something along the lines that I started with
> listing the tasks that you're imagining to do and how to organize them.
>
> I'm starting to wonder a little if we aren't talking past each other in
> these discussions.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

I follow your schedule, not fear.
All you put I agree, as I said.
But if we was serious about modularization we need a different way.

I send a first different as usual and only Igor say yes until now.
We could discuss all step by step.
I wish 'fork' as few as possible.

You think having a two ways process , plain old .cs from some server and
regular trunk is good or no ?

Because if the answer is yes, I need a procedure which is different as now.

You think experiments with SqueakCore, letting me prove the thing is more as
some videos is good or not ?

Because if the answer is yes, I need a procedure which is different as now.

Bert says I must wear two hats and is right.

The main release for 4.1 is your mail, no question about and no weird things
for it.

But 4.2 should be SqueakCore and we could start now for polish all.

I think in 9 months have a baby for show you at your satisfaction in ESUG
Barcelona...

Cheers and I stick to people consensus.

Edgar