[squeak-dev] "local" vs. "persistent" preferences

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 11 22:31:46 UTC 2010

On 11.03.2010, at 22:51, Chris Muller wrote:

> Personally, I've not had a need for project-specific preferences.

Project-local preferences are pretty much only useful in Etoys, where projects are the preferred unit of modification.

That's also why persistent preferences are necessary in Etoys, since the image is read-only and not modified. To make customizations, preferences need to be read at startup. I'd favor a preference directory with one file per preference, named after the preference.

- Bert -