[squeak-dev] Re: [ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 06:47:49 UTC 2010

2010/3/12 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Hold on. An assessment of the form "project foo is ahead of us in area x, y,
> or z" should not be seen as heretic, but rather as an encouragement to
> improve in this area. I'd have to agree that Polymorph gives Pharo an edge
> in the looks. In fact I'd hoped that we'd be able to have a loadable version
> of Polymorph by now. That this hasn't happened isn't Edgar's fault. Blaming
> him that Pharo looks nicer serves no purpose whatsoever.

I am sorry, Andreas. That's not what I meant. I don't blame Edgar in
any way. I am trying to understand what he is writing. My biggest
concern is about his comment on the trunk since he wants to be part of
the release team. Nobody pretends the trunk is a perfect solution but
it's only logical to assume that he will have to deal with the trunk
unless he (or someone else) comes up with a viable alternative that
people will adopt. There's no conspiracy with the trunk, right? :)

I'm interested to read what Edgar has to write about his comments.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/