[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 12 10:41:24 UTC 2010

On 12.03.2010, at 02:40, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 3/11/2010 3:53 PM, keith wrote:
>> (Btw: How many
>> teleplace employees are candidates for the election?, just curious,
>> before its too late)
>
> Craig and Myself. Teleplace has had consulting contracts with Bert and Igor in the past but nothing within the last year if I recall correctly.

Correct. Since 2006 I'm a freelancer, based in Magdeburg, Germany. My main client is VPRI which takes up pretty much my full time. But I'm available for smaller contracting jobs. Qwaq (now Teleplace) contracted me for a total of 2 weeks in 2007 and less than a week in 2008. I've done a few other gigs of similar scale, the latest one is for Scratch (contracting for OLPC). If you're curious read the mail archive at https://launchpad.net/~scratch

The bulk of Squeak work I'm doing now is voluntary. VPRI paid me for the OLPC Etoys port until 2008. Now it's just my spare time, like all the other Etoys developers.

Oh, here is one for conspiracy theorists: I'm the ombudsman for SugarLabs since 2008. Sugar is mainly implemented in Python. Now if *that* is not conspicuous ;)

- Bert -