[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Traits-ar.283.mcz

Balázs Kósi rebmekop at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:43:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just wanted to ask:
Should we store the actual items that have changed or some sort of
description like MCDefinition or DSChange?.

> This should be fixed by passing a description of some sort (similar to MCClassDefinition) or specifically the values that were changed.

The next question is: could we reuse one of these?
I think, actually DSChange [1] models exactly what we want.
So what about announcing DSChange (and DSDoIt) objects,
and providing a compatibility protocol with AbstractEvent.
If this would work out, it would simplify SystemChangeAnnouncer
implementation greatly, and pave the way for DeltaStream adoption.
What do you think?

Balázs

[1] You can take a look what DSChanges are by evaluating:

Installer ss
	project: 'DeltaStreams';
	package: 'DeltaStreams-Model';
	browse