[squeak-dev] [ExperimentalCoreRelease] PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2 vs SL3dot11-9499-alpha

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 15:47:46 UTC 2010

>> Trunk break when you use it and some choose ignore this and pretend
>> all
>> works well.
>
> What do you mean? How does it break?

I think my question is not how it breaks, but how it manages to stay
working.

The kind of changes Edgar would like to make, to the actual kernel of
squeak, are the same as the changes I want to make, and will
inevitably break things, unless he is very careful.

>> If you play fair, the most advanced is Pharo, well done and more
>> beautiful.
>
> Noone forces you to use Squeak.

This comment I think is quite rude. Edgar has been a squeak user for
many years, and has dived in with both feet to try and improve things
all the time.

So along comes a new process which shuts him out from contributing to
squeak, as it has me, and we are told...

"... no one forces you to use squeak"

how rude

Keith