[squeak-dev] A weird thing about Arrays

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 21:41:20 UTC 2010

Hi, guys

I'm sorry if what I'm about to ask is a newbie question but I'm puzzled
about a behavior I found today regarding Arrays.

a1 := #(0 0 0 0).
a2 := #(0 0 0 0).
a1 == a2

If I select the whole expression above and execute it on a workspace it
returns true (meaning that a1 and a2 are the same object). If I execute each
line separately it returns false.
I don't understand why this happens. Is this expected? or is it a bug?

This only happens when I use the literal syntax, using Array >>
#new:withAll: works fine regardless of the way I execute it. I'm inclined to
think this is a bug, but I wanted to know what you think about it.

Cheers
Richo