[squeak-dev] [Election] ...is soon upon us! Last day info

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Sat Mar 13 09:29:22 UTC 2010

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 3/13/10 12:40 AM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> Combine this with a) and you'll find that Squeak is being developed by
>> a group of elite hackers. Sounds impressive. ;)
>
> Not only by elite hackers.
> By elite hackers with own agenda and none coordination.

(1) EVERYONE has an agenda. It's called "What I want Squeak to do."

(2) Let's suppose for just a moment that Evil Andreas was up to No Good
and wanted to Hijack The Image. And, well, so what? He and the other
trunk hackers are spending their time and effort improving squeak so
that WE ALL can have a better Squeak. What's he going to do? Climb into
your computer and take away your copy of trunk? Are ALL the trunk
hackers in on this conspiracy? Just the Teleplace people? Just Andreas?

So can we all please just let this argument DIE already? We did actually
have a while where we all managed to work together. Let's please try to
find that common ground again.

frank