[squeak-dev] A Confession

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Mar 13 15:14:14 UTC 2010

sorry for the late reply; I've been catching up on the mailing list
mails slowly...

Ronald Spengler schrieb:
> Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. When I came into the community, the
> American market had crashed, and engineers were being laid off at even
> the most stable companies. I feared that under those circumstances, I
> might be marked for spending my weekends on Squeak.
This is something that speaks of utter stupidity in the management and
HR departments.
People who engange themselves in fresh and fascinating developments in
their spare time are typically those who are best at understanding and
solving problems.
Sorry to hear that you've been laid off anyway. Seems your little trick
did not work against the effects of stupidity...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin