[squeak-dev] Re: [Squeak 4.0] RC3 is out

Casey Ransberger ron.spengler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 19:28:02 UTC 2010

Ah, I should have made a statement about what's changed since RC2.

 - Newer Windows VM (3.11.8)
 - Newer Mac VM (4.2.2beta1U, with SparklePlugin.bundle removed, it had issues)

This should make things a bit more convenient for folks intent on
doing the closure bootstrap.

The reason I removed SparklePlugin.bundle: it had some symlinks to
stuff in the author's local directories (instead of the correct system
directories) that were breaking my build process. I took John's advice
and simply removed the bundle. I also fired up the VM to do a sanity
check and make sure it still worked.

Thanks everyone! Freedom tastes better than cheese! Say no to mouse traps!

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Casey Ransberger
<ron.spengler at gmail.com> wrote:
> People of Squeak,
> The RC3 distribution of Squeak 4.0 is now available at:
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0alpha/Squeak4.0.rc3.tar.gz
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0alpha/rc3/
> Please chip in, test it out, and reply to this thread if you see any
> problems. Classes of problems I'd consider blockers:
>  - Broken VM
>  - Corrupt file
>  - Things to do with the image that potentially block relicensing
> If all is well, I will go ahead and roll the 4.0 directory structure
> with all of the other files one usually finds there.
> Thanks!
> --
> Casey Ransberger

Casey Ransberger