[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver/ifconfig/interfaces

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 22:32:59 UTC 2010

DM:

"(1) Do we want to return an IPV4 address from the network lookup? or an
IPV6 address?

(2) What do we do when we have 2 or more active IP interfaces on the
machine, prompt for which one to use?"

I not too interested in IPV6.

I like this idea:

NetNameResolver interfaceIP: 'ppp0'

If people are already using a shell script workaround that hard-codes the
interface name, then how about we use that as a model, and move that
capability into the image? It seems to me we can satisfy developers by doing
that.

For end users, they'd need to be prompted with FillInTheBlankMorph, or
something, because the permutations of possible interfaces is too large.

Chris