[squeak-dev] Use of #asMorph

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:05:56 UTC 2010

On 14 March 2010 14:40, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Igor
>
> I do not know (I'm dizzy after a couple of hours of bus) but
> asMorph for me conveys the idea that we get a transformation of the receiver, while if this is just to
> change the model of a morph why not model:

Changing a model gives nothing:

morph := MyListMorph new.
morph model: someModel.

now, since my morph is a list, it assumes that someModel object
implements a protocol, which allows to extract the
items ( #size, #at: etc).
The question is, what you would do, if you want to represent each item
in a list as a morph, so instead of:

strings := model items collect: [:each | each asString ].

you doing:

subMorphs := model items collect: [:each | each asMorph ].
this gives you a freedom to pick any form how represent each item in a
list, instead of bare strings.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.