[squeak-dev] RE: [vwnc] image overload

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 02:16:27 UTC 2010

On Saturday 13 March 2010 11:25:35 pm Casey Ransberger wrote:
> For the record, though, I think that 'image' and 'snapshot' have
> entered the lingua-franca, and changing it now, however well thought
> or well meant, will only increase confusion for new comers, and that's
> what I think the community needs right now.
The problem, as pointed out by the original poster, is that these terms are
metaphors and don't capture the full meaning.

We could always break out of mind-sets by coining a new word - say muba. That
will force people to ask 'what the heck is a muba?' and then we can explain
that 'muba' is a world of evolving digital life forms.

Subbu