[squeak-dev] [Squeak 4.0] unix/linux VM

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Mar 16 02:21:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> I'm in the process of building out the release directory for 4.0 (it's
> structure mirrors what's in 3.10, but with some files updated/added.)
>
> I suppose since we've updated the VMs for Mac and Windows for 4.0, I
> may as well get whatever the latest greatest unix VM is. I'm not going
> to bother rolling an RC as the unix VM isn't zipped up with anything
> else (the file stands alone in 3.10 and I decided to leave it that
> way.) But before I call it shipped, I'd like to get the file into the
> directory.
>
> Can anyone point me at stable closure enabled unix, darwin, linux VMs?

All unix vms can be found here: http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/
There's the shiny "new" 3.11.3-2135, but it has several flaws, so we are
still using 3.10-6 for deployment which is still closure enabled. The best
would be to have a brand new vm built from the latest sources + patches,
but I don't know if Ian has time to do that.

Levente