Ok, I made the release! Hooray!!! Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Squeak 4.0] The Eagle Has Landed: Squeak 4.0 is Released

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:08:00 UTC 2010

On 3/16/10 9:07 AM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> Why do you think changesets are better than monticello packages +
> configurations?
No.
Now I think Monticello is better.
But the point is out of CoreDevelopers exist many fine Squeakers having a
hard time with Monticello.

If they put his .cs in Mantis, could be harvested and integrate.
And exist the subject 3.10 and 4.0 do not have the trunk process.
It's why again I raise the subject of the version boundary.
Closures have the collateral effect of many incompatibilities between 3.10
or 4.0 and 4.1.

Here I attach the updates coming from trunk I send many time ago , updated.

Put in the same folder as 4.0 , unzip
>From inside 4.0 do Utilities applyUpdatesFromDisk.

See the process brokes with 7218Compiler-ar.68.cs ?
So maybe this is the boundary.

Here we could add the logic for trunk we use today, no the logic we use
several months ago.
Now we know more as some months ago, so why wait and have inferior code ?

Edgar