[squeak-dev] 4.0 Announcement?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Mar 16 18:53:09 UTC 2010

Ken> Isn't all the fanfare a bit premature seeing as how it hasn't been
Ken> accepted by SFC yet?

It has.  We've followed everything the SFLC has required of us.

This does not make us part of the SFC *yet*.  It merely makes us *eligible*.

Ken> At least to my knowledge the deal hasn't been signed yet, or did I miss
Ken> the discussion of the contract and the announcement?

The discussion has been summarized here many times of the conversation
between the SOB and the SFC.

Ken> Who even is authorized to sign the contract on behalf of the SOB and the
Ken> community?

The SFC accepts that the duly-elected SOB can sign on behalf of the community.
That's good enough for me.