[squeak-dev] [BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 17 23:55:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:35:00AM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:24:47 -0400 David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> > Andreas found and fixed a problem in the VM, described here:
> >
> >   http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2010-March/004055.html
> >
> > The bug affects loading of older image segments (from pre-closure images)
> > into newer images (with closure support).
> >
> > The fix is not yet in any of the distributed VMs (except possibly windows?),
> > but if you do not mind building a VM from VMMaker and sources, it may
> > resolve your problem.
>
> Good news that this has been fixed. Building a VM is more than I want to
> take on right now (but I know I should learn how). Seems to me that a lot
> of peopla are affected ... any idea when new VMs will be posted?

I will not quote timing, because the official VM releases are published
when the platform maintainers (John, Andreas, Ian) are able to do so.
That said, I would not be surprised to see updates for the major platforms
appear over say the next month or so. As a rule, when new VMs are published,
the latest version of VMMaker is used, which means that Andreas' fix will
be automatically included in future builds for all platforms.

Dave