[squeak-dev] immutability

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 02:42:15 UTC 2010

Yes, I have always found your project interesting, even if I don't
understand it.  For immutability I understand that blocking
basicAt:put:, instVarAt:put:, the Compiler, etc., might help for
secure immutability from attackers, but can you support object
serialization?  Beyond that, I was curious about is whether
SecureSqueak addresses how to prevent an attacker from using any
object as a confused deputy.  Or from changing someone's name from
Peter to Paul, etc.  Does SecureSqueak employ capabilities to address
these issues?