[squeak-dev] 4.1 release tasks

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Fri Mar 19 08:21:59 UTC 2010

Hi Ken!

In my view the job of the SOB is not to do micromanagement.

So how to track issues, that should be handled before releasing 4.1,
would be to decide by the release manager for 4.1.
I don't think that there is any harm done by my suggestion how this
could be done and not even by actually laying the grounds for this way
by creating an issue on mantis. If the release manager decides to do
it some other way it shouldn't be to hard to switch to that procedure.
And actually doing things provides a playground for decisions.

Decisions that I think should be made by the SOB are at least if 4.1
should be a "quick" release or not and the requirements for a
successful release. In my view this has been done already.

It would be fortunate if the SOB could explicitly name a manager for
the release and that both agree on goals, requirements and a
timeframe. Then the release manager could form a team and start
working without too much interference by the SOB.

Maybe we just have to wait after the constitutive meeting of the new SOB.

Alex