[squeak-dev] source.squeak.org email issue

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Mar 19 12:13:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> When I looked at our squeaksource image today it showed two debuggers, both with the same problem. See attachment. It was still running fine, but maybe someone has an idea.
>
> The image is at update level 8824. Hehe, would indeed be useful to at least roughly correlate that to some package configuration ...

SMTPClient is crap. It doesn't parse the server's response correctly, and
even if it was correct, it's ignored most of the time. Authentication is
just crap, only the LOGIN method is "supported", but the implementation is
buggy and this method is used even when the server doesn't support it...

Levente