[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1 release tasks

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 19 21:56:29 UTC 2010

On 3/19/2010 2:33 PM, Josh Gargus wrote:
> I don't understand that the point of this "experiment" is.  I'll take a guess: are you trying to demonstrate that if the SOB doesn't have a set of explicit rules about how to act in such situations, then some asshole can undermine the SOB's leadership and generally disrupt the community?

But even if such rules existed, compliance with them would be entirely
voluntary. The board only has the power that the Squeak community
voluntarily assigns to them. Speaking hypothetically, an asshole could
for example set up a blog named thesqueakboard.wordpress.com and there
is nothing we could do about it, except from completely ignoring it.

I suggest that we do just that and stop feeding the troll.

Cheers,
   - Andreas