[squeak-dev] Alternative Background

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:25:18 UTC 2010

2010/3/24 Alexander Lazarević <laza at blobworks.com>:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 03:37, Ian Trudel <ian.trudel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't work for me. Squeak trunk has a menu bar on top with a
>> Squeak logo on its left. Then this alternative background puts a
>> second Squeak logo just below, a very different logo from the logo in
>> place.
>
> I felt that a variation of the logo wouldn't hurt

I understand your feeling. This is however exactly how inconsistencies
are introduced in the UI. People feel many different things that can
be totally unrelated. We have seen some improvements in that respect
since the trunk has appeared but there is still much work to do. It's
important to filter cool things (in or out) and make sure it fits the
direction taken.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/